Critical Issues Divorcing Property Owners Need to Know
At The Divorce Help Clinic, we provide clients with referrals to several different Real Estate professionals to help them arrive at a sound decision regarding the family home.
Difficult questions will arise during the divorce process:
- Who gets to keep the house?
- Which spouse can afford to keep it?
- What are options if you decide to hold off on selling until later?.
- What if the property needs to be sold?
- Does signing off on the title keep you from being responsible for the mortgage?
The family home is usually the most valuable asset in a divorce. Real Estate Professionals can help parties by:
- Provides complimentary Comparative Market Analysis to get an idea of what your home is worth from a broker with no pressure to sell.
- Does the home’s condition affect its market value?
- Will help with listing or selling
- Short sales (possible moving incentives). Short sales can be long an grueling for a seller. However, some banks, government programs offer incentives for sellers for the short sale.
- NOD (notice of default) options. There are lots of options when you have trouble making your mortgage.
- Staging for listings. Will help you stage your home to ensure the buyers offer you top dollar.
During divorce is the best time to prevent real estate-triggered: damaged credit, foreclosure or even bankruptcy from joint mortgage debt or undiscovered liens from joint title that cannot be fixed AFTER divorce.
Call us: 858-863-3380